- 1010.September.SundayNew Orleans NOVAChttp://novacvideo.org/event/editing-adobe-premiere-pro-101/532 Louisa St, New Orleans, LA 70117, USA
September 9th & 10th @ NOVAC (532 Louisa)
Saturday & Sunday 10am-4pm
Introduction to nonlinear video editing using Adobe Premiere Pro, led by seasoned editor and instructor Brent Joseph.
Editing 101 will be a two-day workshop where participants will learn how to use Adobe’s Premiere Pro software to edit narrative & documentary films. The class time with be divided into four parts.
- Brief introduction to editing theory and style.
- Overview of editing in Premiere Pro CC (importing, organizing, editing, exporting)
- Watching and discussing original uncut footage.
- Workshop (footage will be provided for you to practice editing and get one-on-one feedback).
Brent Joseph is a New Orleans filmmaker who specializes in post-postproduction. He edited the SXSW feature film Five Time Champion as well as numerous shorts, commercials and documentaries like Shell Shocked (PBS) and MTV’s True Life: I’m Living in Iraq (2005 Edward R. Morrow award for Best TV Network News Documentary). He has also worked as an assistant in the editing rooms of David Fincher, Larry Clark, David Simon and Seth Rogen.
- 1111.September.MondayNo events
- 1212.September.TuesdayNo events
- 1313.September.WednesdayNo events
- 1414.September.ThursdayNo events
- 1515.September.FridayNo events
***CLASS FULL – Email email@example.com if you’re interested in being placed on a waiting list.
September 16 & 17, 2017:
Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 3pm
NOVAC, in partnership with the Baton Rouge Office of Community Development, is providing 2 days of in-depth training to locals looking to learn about skillfully operating a DSLR camera. The class will be hosted at the Creative Bloc and taught by local filmmaker, Abe Felix.
Where: The Creative Bloc in Downtown Baton Rouge, 804 Main St
How to apply
- Applications are ONLY open to residents of East Baton Rouge Parish.
- Interested applicants should APPLY HERE and email a one-page resumé and proof of residence to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday, August 25.
- Phone interviews will be scheduled between August 28 and September 1 and acceptance announcements will be made on Friday, September 1.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.